Quick Sausage Skillet
NOTE: This recipe calls for salami or thuringer or 4 fully cooked smoked hot dogs.
You may substitute any kind of fully cooked and/or smoked sausage or meat,
just so you have approximately one lb. of meat.
1 lb. fully cooked and/or smoked meat. (See note above)
2 sweet green bell peppers
3 medium tomatoes
1 large onion, sliced
1 teaspoon paprika
salt & pepper to taste
1. Cut meat into chunks or julienne strips.
2. Halve the green peppers. Remove seeds and slice lengthwise.
3. Remove core from tomatoes. Slice from top to bottom into ½-inch slices.
4. Heat the meat in about 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a large, deep skillet.
5. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes or until onions are limp.
6. Add green peppers, tomatoes, paprika, salt and pepper.
7. Toss over high heat until vegetables are tender. Lower heat to low, cover and steam for 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Serve immediately over hot fluffy rice or wide egg noodles if desired.
This is very good served with warm French bread & butter.