Chicken & Tetrazzini
8 oz. Thin Spaghetti
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon cayenne or black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups chicken broth (canned or fresh)
¾ cup half-and-half
3 cups cooked, diced chicken
¾ cup Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ lb. Sliced mushrooms
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta “al dente”.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat 3 tablespoons butter or margarine in a saucepan. Add flour. Cook for a few minutes, stirring. Add salt, pepper and slowly stir in chicken broth.
3. Bring to a boil and simmer until slightly thickened. Stir in Half-and-Half, chicken and ¾ cup Parmesan cheese.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon butter or margarine and lemon juice in a skillet. Saute mushrooms until juice cooks off, about 5 minutes.
5. Drain pasta. Combine with the cream mixture. Place half a shallow baking dish. Spread mushrooms over pasta, saving some for garnish.
Top with the other half of the pasta-cream mixture.
6. Sprinkle with ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese and the remaining
7. Bake at 375 F for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and lightly
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Baking time: 25 to 30 minutes at 375
File #R033 D1 – C4