Crispy Crusted Baked Chicken
3 to 3½ lbs. frying chicken, cut up.
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup instant potato flakes
1 teaspoon garlic salt
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup butter or margarine
Celery leaves and thinly sliced celery for garnish
1. Wash chicken pieces and pat dry. Set aside.
2. Beat egg and milk in bowl.
3. In another bowl, mix potato flakes, garlic salt and Parmesan cheese.
4. Roll chicken first in egg mixture, then in the potato flakes mixture.
5. Melt butter or margarine in shallow baking pan. Roll coated chicken in the melted butter and place them skin side up in the pan.
6. Bake at 400 for 45 to 55 minutes, or until juices from chicken thighs run clear when pierced with a fork.
7. Transfer to serving platter, garnish with celery leaves and celery slices.
Makes 4 servings.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 45 to 55 minutes at 400
File R034 D1 – C4