Bread Pudding with
2 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Mix cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl; set aside
¾ cup sugar
2½ cups whole milk
2½ cups heavy cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon salt
12 ounces (about ½-loaf white bread, cut into 1½-inch square
pieces (about 8 cups)
1½ tablespoons butter, melted, plus extra butter for greasing pan.
1. Adjust oven rack to lower middle position. Preheat oven to 350 F
Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and sugar to blend well. Whisk in
milk, cream, vanilla, nutmeg and salt. Stir in 6 cups of the
prepared bread; mix thoroughly to moisten. Let stand 20 minutes.
3. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Scatter remaining 2 cups
of the bread pieces on top, pushing down gently to partially
submerge. Brush exposed bread with melted butter and sprinkle
with cinnamon and sugar.
4. Bake until pudding is deep golden brown, is beginning to rise up
the sides of the baking dish and jiggles very slightly at the center
when shaken; about 45 to 50 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let cool until set but still warm, about
45 minutes. Serve.
File #R029 D1 – C5