12 small red potatoes, washed and cut in half (do not peel)
4 large carrots, washed and cut into chunks
1 large onion, cut into wedges
2 lbs. Lean beef stew meat
1/3 cup olive oil
4 celery ribs, washed and cut into chunks
several sprigs of fresh parsley (or 1 tablespoon dried parsley)
2 cups cold water
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Place potatoes, carrots, onion and celery in a 5-quart stew pot.
2. In a large, deep skillet, heat olive oil and brown beef.
3. Transfer beef to stew pot, using a slotted spoon.
4. Stir flour into cold water until dissolved, then add to drippings in skillet.
Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 or 3 minutes, or until thickened. Add salt and pepper. Pour into stew pot.
5. Bring to a boil, stir, reduce heat to simmer. Let stew simmer for at least
an hour, or until meat and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add more water if necessary.
File#R197 D-4 C-4