Mexican Breakfast Burritos
1 pkg. 12” Burrito Tortillas
2 large green bell peppers (cut into strips)
1 small onion, cut into large chunks
3 large tomatoes, cut into quarters
3 large eggs
1 can (16oz) Refried beans
1 small jar salsa (hot or mild as preferred)
1 pkg. (8oz,) shredded cheddar cheese
1 lb. chicken (cut into strips) (see note below)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Brown chicken in olive oil in a large skillet (covered)
2. When chicken is lightly browned, add onion, green pepper and tomatoes. Cover skillet. Stir occasionally. Cook until onion and green pepper are fork tender, but not soggy.
3. Put refried beans in microwave safe dish and microwave for three minutes.
4. In a small bowl, beat 3 eggs….pour over mixture in skillet, cover skillet and cook until eggs are set.
5. Warm tortillas in microwave (about 30 seconds)
6. Spread ¼ of the refried beans on a tortilla. Place ¼ of the egg mixture on top of the beans; approx. 2 to 3 teaspoons of salsa on top of the egg mixture and then top with shredded cheddar cheese. Fold sides of tortilla towards center, overlapping each other …. then fold bottom and top of tortilla towards center, overlapping each other, so that none of the filling is showing.
This should make 4 large Breakfast Burritos.
NOTE: You may substitute any type of browned meat; beef; pork; ham; sausage;
File #R222 D-5 C-8