OLD-FASHION BUTTER CAKE
Prep.time 10 minutes
Baking time 1 ½ hours (approx.)
Oven temp. 350 F
1 cup butter (NO SUBSTITUTES)
2 cups sugar
1 tsp Pure Vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup whole milk
1. Beat together butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition.
3. Combine flour with baking soda and salt. Add to batter alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour.
4. Butter and flour cake pans. Pour in batter.
5. Bake at 350 F for about 1 ½ hours or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Allow cake to stand 5 to 10 minutes. Invert pans to remove cake from pans. Finish cooling on a rack.
7. Frost with your favorite frosting or dust with powdered sugar. Just
be sure that the cake is completely cooled before frosting or dusting with powdered sugar.
File R008 D1 C10