½ cup butter (butter only; do not use margarine)
1 cup sugar
1-1/2 cups applesauce
2 cups flour
1 tsp. soda
pinch of salt
chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Generously grease (with butter) and
lightly flour tube pan or 12-cup bundt pan.
2. Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and beat well.
3. Add all remaining ingredients except walnuts. Mix well.
4. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with sugar and nuts.
5. Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes, or until tester inserted in
center comes out clean.
File #R009 D1 C10