FILLED HAMBURGER MEAT ROLL
2 lb. Hamburger
4 slices bread, toasted
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 egg, well beaten
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
¼ teaspoon sage
Preheat oven to 350 F
Lightly spray baking pan with any non-stick cooking spray.
1. Combine meat, salt, pepper and egg; mix well.
2. On waxed paper, press out to 10 x 12-inch rectangle.
3. Cube toasted bread; combine with ½ cup cheese, onion
4. Spread mixture on meat to within 1-inch of edge.
5. Roll meat around filling; press to seal and place in prepared pan.
6. Bake at 350 F for 50 to 55 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle remaining cheese
along top. Return pan to oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer.
Makes about six servings.