Chicken & Zucchini Marinara
¼ cup dry bread crumbs
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1¼ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 tablespoons oil
1 jar (15½ oz.) Italian-style marinara sauce
Few sprigs chopped parsley
¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
2 medium-sized zucchini, sliced.
4 oz. Mozzarella cheese, shredded.
Hot cooked spaghetti or other pasta
Additional grated Parmesan cheese, optional
1. Mix bread crumbs and ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese.
2. Coat chicken with flour. Dip into egg, then coat both sides of the chicken with crumb-cheese mixture.
3. Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet with cover. Add chicken. Brown on both sides over medium heat.
4. Mix marinara sauce, parsley and hot pepper sauce in a bowl. Spoon half of it over the chicken.
5. Arrange zucchini slices over chicken. Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese. Top with remaining sauce.
6. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Serve with (not over) the pasta.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if used.
Makes 4 servings.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 35 to 40 minutes