Banana Nut Bread
3 very ripe large bananas
½ cup butter or margarine
1½ tablespoons buttermilk or sour cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Place bananas, eggs, butter, buttermilk or sour cream, lemon juice
and sugar into a blender container or work bowl of food processor
fitted with the steel blade. Whirl until smooth.
2. Mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl.
3. Pour banana mixture over flour mixture and stir just until flour is
moistened. Stir in the walnuts or pecans.
4. Turn into greased 9½ x 4½-inch bread loaf pan.
5. Bake at 350° F for 55 to 65 minutes or until bread tests done when
A skewer is inserted in the center.
6. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto
a wire rack.
Banana Nut Bread freezes well and can be sliced while frozen if you do not plan to use the entire loaf at one time.
File #R123 D2 C7