1 cup butter or margarine
1 pkg. (4oz.) cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup fine graham cracker crumbs
Beat together until smooth 4oz. cream cheese, 2 tablespoons sugar, ½ teaspoon grated lemon rind, 1 egg yolk and 1 tablespoon half-and-half, milk or sour cream.
1. Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add egg,
Lemon rind and lemon juice. Mix well.
2. Combine flour and baking powder. Add to first mixture and
blend well. Cover and chill for at least one hour.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in graham cracker crumbs.
Arrange on ungreased baking sheets.
4. With finger, make an indentation in center of each cookie. Fill
with a level ½ teaspoonful of filling.
5. Bake at 350° F for about 20 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Store cookies in airtight containers.
Makes about 4½ dozen cookies.
File #R141 D 3 C 9