SPECIAL FILLED PANCAKE
2 Tablespoons butter
2/3 Cup milk
2/3 Cup Flour
½ Teaspoon salt
¼ Teaspoon cinnamon
½ Cup slivered almonds (optional)
1 Tablespoon sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425°F
2. Melt butter in a 10” round baking pan
3. Beat together eggs, milk, flour, salt and cinnamon.
4. Pour batter into pan.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Center will fall when cake is done.
6. Remove from oven and fill center with choice of topping.
7. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
A. Squeeze juice of 1 lemon over 3 cups fresh fruit or berries.
B. Melt ¼ cup butter, add 2 sliced apples and cook until apples
are tender. Stir in ¾ cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons water.
Cook until bubbly. Cool slightly. Fill center of pancake.
NOTE: This filling should be prepared while cake is baking.
C: Same ingredients as Topping B, except instead of apples, you
can use any of the following:
Pears; Pineapple; Peaches; or any fresh
fruit. If you use canned fruit, you must
make sure it is well drained.
File #R048 D-1 C-8