IRISH TEA CAKE
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 pkg. (8oz.) cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
1 cup butter (NO SUBSTITUTES)
1½ cups sugar
1 tablespoon molasses
2 teaspoons vanilla
½ cup raisins
½ cup currants
1. Preheat oven to 325° F
2. Generously butter and lightly flour a 10 to 12 cup bundt pan or tube pan.
3. Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
4. Cream butter and cream cheese until blended. Beat in sugar until smooth.
5. Add eggs. Beat until light and fluffy, scraping bowl often.
6. Add molasses and vanilla.
7. Slowly stir in flour mixture until well blended. Mix until flour is completely incorporated into batter. Batter will be rather heavy.
8. Stir in raisins and currants by hand; not in electric mixer.
9. Turn into prepared pan and bake at 325° for one hour or until tester inserted near center comes our clean.
10. Let cake stand in pan for 15 to 20 minutes. Then invert and place on wire rack to cool thoroughly. Place on serving platter and lightly dust with powdered sugar, or frosting.
File #R164 R-164 D-3