Old Fashion Pound Cake
1 lb. Butter
3 cups sugar
4 cups sifted cake flour
2/3 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
NOTE: It is very important that you follow the instructions exactly, or the cake will
not turn out the way it is supposed to. You cannot take short cuts.
1. Preheat oven to 350° F
2. Grease and lightly flour a 9 x 5 loaf pan
3. Sift flour once, measure, then sift 4 more times.
4. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Add flour alternately with milk, beating thoroughly after
each addition. Add vanilla and beat again.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour
and 10 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center
comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool at least 15 minutes
before removing from pan.
9. Cool completely on a wire rack and store in a covered cake saver.
File #R047 D-1 C-10