Hawaiian Baked Chicken
3 to 3½ lbs. frying chicken, cut up
1 tablespoon melted butte or margarine
1 8oz. Can pineapple chunks in syrup
1 16oz. Can yams in syrup
1½ tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
2 teaspoons minced onion
4 tablespoons currant jelly
1. Place chicken pieces in small roasting pan. Pour melted butter over.
2. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
3. While chicken is baking, prepare sauce. Drain syrups from the pineapple and yams into a saucepan. Add cornstarch, lemon juice, mustard and onion. Stir well. Add the jelly.
4. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Set aside.
5. Add the drained pineapple chunks and yams to chicken.
6. Pour sauce over all. Bake at 350 for another 20 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
Makes 4 servings.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 40 minutes at 350
File# R037 D1 C4