Melech’s Homemade Pizza
1 cup milk
1 cup lukewarm water
1 pkg. dry yeast (or 1 cake yeast)
1 stick margarine
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
3 cups flour
Preheat oven to 400 F
1. In a small mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in lukewarm water.
2. Scald milk. Remove from heat and add margarine. Let cool to lukewarm, then pour into mixing bowl with the water & dissolved yeast.
3. Stir in salt and sugar.
4. Put flour in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour and add the liquid mixture. Stir thoroughly. Cover with waxed paper or a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size. (Usually at least two hours)
5. Put dough on a floured surface. Divide in half. (If you are only going to make one pizza, wrap and freeze other half of dough).
6. Start to roll dough into a circle. You might have to sprinkle a little more flour on dough to keep it from sticking to rolling pin.
7. When dough is the size you want, place on pizza pan that has been lightly coated with any type of cooking oil.
8. Top with Pizza sauce (recipe below) and your choice of toppings and bake at 400° F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and bake additional 30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and cheese topping is melted.
Easy Pizza Sauce
1 large can tomato paste
1 small can tomato sauce
½ teaspoon basil
½ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon garlic powder
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. You might have to add a little water so the sauce will not be too thick. Spoon evenly over crust. Add any other toppings you like and bake as directed above.
File#R088 D2 – C4