· EGG YOLKS, 8
· SUGAR, 1 cup
· MILK, 1/4 cup
· WHIPPING CREAM, 2 cups
· NEUFACHATEL CHEESE, 8 oz.
· RICOTTA CHEESE, 8 oz.
· HAZELNUT-BLEND COFFEE, 2 cups brewed and cooled
· AMARETTO, 1/4 cup
· LADYFINGERS, 50
· BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE, 2-1/2 oz. grated
· COCOA POWDER for sifting
1. Whisk egg yolks, half the sugar, and the milk in a 2-quart saucepan until smooth and blended.
2. Heat to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
3. Refrigerate and cool.
4. Whip the whipping cream to very stiff peaks. Set aside in the refrigerator.
5. Mix the cheeses together until well blended.
6. Add remaining ½ cup of sugar.
7. Stir in the yolk mixture.
8. Then fold in the whipping cream.
9. Combine the coffee and Amaretto in a large mixing bowl.
10. Quickly dip each ladyfinger in the coffee mixture and place on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
11. Sprinkle with half the chocolate.
12. Cover with half of the cheese mixture.
13. Add another layer of dipped ladyfingers.
14. Sprinkle with chocolate and finish with the cheese mixture.
15. Sift cocoa powder over the top and garnish with coarsely grated chocolate.
16. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor.
File #R219 D-5 C-6