Wednesday, February 25, 2009
1 frying chicken, 3 to 3½ lbs. cut up into serving pieces
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 tablespoon soy sauce
Dash back pepper
4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
2 teaspoons grated orange rind
1 tablespoon brown sugar
Orange slices and orange rind for garnish.
Preheat oven to 350° F
1. Wash chicken, pat dry.
2. Arrange chicken pieces in a baking dish with a lid. Add garlic and dot with butter. Sprinkle with Soy sauce and black pepper.
3. Cover dish with lid. Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from oven. Pour orange juice over chicken and add orange rind. Pour juice from pan over chicken. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Cover with lid.
5. Continue baking the chicken for another 15 to 20 minutes or until clear juices run when thigh of chicken is pierced.
6. Garnish with orange slices and grated orange rind.
Makes 4 servings.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 45 to 55 minutes at 350° F
File#R032 – D1 / C4